Assistance for Survivors with Disabilities and Access or Functional Needs
The State of California and FEMA are committed to helping survivors with disabilities and access or functional needs who may need additional assistance with unmet needs and registration during the recovery process. This may include help completing an application, ASL interpretation, language translation, materials in large print or braille or hearing assistance. For assistance, please call: (916) 361-0380.Click here to Download
The California OES Access and Functional Needs Chief discusses opportunities for survivors with access and functional needs to engage with FEMA.
Access and Functional Needs Support for California Wildfire Survivors
- Video: FEMA California Wildfires SBA Video
- Video: FEMA California Wildfires Fraud Video
- Video: You Can Appeal
- Video: FEMA Accessible: Assisting Applicants with Disabilities and Others with Access & Functional Needs
- Video: Getting a Denial Letter
- Video: FEMA Assistance Does Not Impact Government Benefits
- Video: FEMA Accessible: Interpreters at the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC)
- Video: Disaster Recovery Centers
- Video: FEMA Accessible: Individuals and Households Program Eligibility
- Video: Resources for People with Disabilities, Access & Functional Needs
Area Agencies on Aging
The California Department of Aging contracts with and provides leadership and direction to Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)that coordinate a wide array of services to seniors and adults with disabilities at the community level and serve as the focal point for local aging concerns.